Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member - hacking keyless

Hey all,

I have an 83 F250 I'm fixing up and I've snagged a keyless module from the door of an 02 Merc. Hoping to retrofit it into my old truck as I scored a set of Lariat doors from an 85. Mostly here for technical information, wiring diagrams and the like. I've really struggled to find a diagram for the 02 keyless!

Looks like this should be exactly what I needed! http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...wn-module-help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jghake; 07-08-2021, 08:07 PM.

Nice project there. I have always liked the 3/4 and one ton 4x4 pickups.

My uncle has a 85 with 9000 miles. It's a F150 and just 2WD. But sharp with the Lariat on black with red interior. It hasn't moved from the carport since 1994. It's a shame really.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Good luck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is a project I've considered doing on my '91 Grand Marquis. It's something I would easily be able to do but it's not anywhere close to being on my priority list so probably will not happen.
        Interesting thing to note for others considering adding keyless entry is that you do NOT want to get the module from a 1998 model year panther. In 1998 only, the only way to program/pair a key fob is to program it with software and a scan tool. For some reason I couldn't get FORScan to do it, so I swapped a module from a 2004 in and was able to add my fob like any other non-1998 panther: turn the key a certain number of times (was it 7 or 8?) then the doors will lock and unlock indicating learn mode. Then press a button on the fob, key off and learning is done.
        What this rambling tells me is at least '98-'04 door modules are interchangeable, but I expect the range is wider in both directions. So, if I hadn't left my manuals for my '98 at my parents place I would have provided some more diagrams, but the pinout in the thread you linked to might be enough to get you going.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

New member - hacking keyless

I've been screwing around with it for a while now but I haven't been able to get it working. The board looks ok if I open the case up. I'm not getting any lights on the keypad, and when I press 7-8 and 9-0 simultaneously I don't get voltage on PK/BK pin 8 on C501b (Door lock output). My 00 and 03 Explorer did that so I'm assuming it should work here.

Last edited by jghake; 07-08-2021, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            It's a F150 and just 2WD. But sharp with the Lariat on black with red interior.
            Definitely still a desirable truck! Mines a work truck, and the 3 colors of brown show she's worked hard. There's actually hatchet marks on the b pillar and above the driver's door!

Comment

Correct, 7-8 and 9-0 simultaneously is the lock command that you are familiar with on other Ford products. The keypad code (should be on a label on the module or can be read with a scan tool which would then require an OBDII port) when entered will unlock the driver door. Within a certain amount of seconds after entering the code hit 3-4 to unlock all doors and 5-6 to pop the trunk (I suppose trunk pop could be repurposed for something else on the truck, one touch windows down if you have power windows would be neat.)
              After entering the code then hitting 3-4 (or 5-6) I believe the timer resets so you have the same amount of time to enter another command, 5-6 if you did 3-4 the first time. Not sure if it will perform the same command back to back, I haven't tried.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

The code is on the module, and when I supply voltage on pin 3 and 4 of C501c and G on pin 15 of C501b. I tried hooking a light to pin 8 on C501b and just mashing the 7-8 9-0 no dice. I have a new set of key fobs I'd like to pair to it so I have a switch inline on pin 3 C501c and flipped it back and forth. No output on lock. I'm out of ideas.

Comment

I'm noticing C501a on the diagram, the colors don't match what I have in hand.

My harness
                  1 - light blue/white
                  2 - white/black
                  3 - red/light blue
                  6 - light blue
                  7 - white/light blue
                  8 - light green
                  9 - black/yellow
                  10 - gray (diagram white/pink)
                  11 - light blue/yellow
                  12 - light green/red

C501b is different as well

2 - pink/light green
                  3 - pink/orange
                  4 - pink/orange
                  5 - red/orange
                  6 - violet/yellow
                  7 - violet/yellow
                  8 - orange/black (diagram pink/black)
                  9 - yellow/black
                  10 - pink/yellow
                  12 - black/pink
                  13 - white violet
                  15 - black

So is C501c
                  1 - tan/black
                  2 - orange/black (diagram yellow)
                  3 - yellow/light green
                  4 - black/white

Comment

Nice truck, don't know squat about keyless but I like that rig. Clean truck too, much want.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Nice truck, don't know squat about keyless but I like that rig. Clean truck too, much want.
                      Thanks! I've been working on her for a while now, definitely a huge project.

Comment

Stickershift? Engine? Moar pics??

Project? That's a goin' to town rig where I'm from, I'd love to rock it just as is.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

My manuals aren't with me at the moment but this link has diagrams for 2001 that I would reference for this keyless entry retrofit.
                          https://www.justanswer.com/ford/2rdh...se-broken.html
                          I do have my original 1998 DDM that I can play around with later tonight and see if I can get some output from it. I don't have a spare keypad or the wiring pigtails, but I can still do some bench testing.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the project. Keeping an eye out on this thread. Curious what you come up with.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No worries about the wire colors. If it's genuinely from an 02, the pinout is the important part. 03 would have a lot of not used connections that you currently have populated, so it's not an 03 module confused as an 02 by having an 02 production date. 01 used the same as 02. 2000 used 4 connectors. So I'm pretty sure you've got one that uses the 01/02 pinout. As long as the pinout is followed, the wire colors don't really matter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X