No announcement yet.

CFI random stall on decel/quick stop when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fix any air leaks you have first. Window channel guides especially make a huge difference but door seals too. The other big noise spot is missing/damaged inner door liners. They tend to fall apart or just be thrown out after the panels get removed to fix stuff. I lined the inside of the door skin and made door liners out of a Dynamat-like material that made a big difference. At some point I want to pull the rear seat out and cover the opening into the trunk. Most of the butyl-type materials don't so much absorb sound as they add mass to make metal less resonant, but they also do a really nice job of sealing openings.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Window run channels are still good except for the driverīs side upper 90 degree corner. That one was gone and I had to find a replacement. It fitīs but not like the OEM stuff. Did not buy in the States but over here in Germany. Itīs close but not 100% dead on, so I think this is where the most wind noise (except for the windshield) is still coming from.
      And yes, I replaced door liners with thick plasitc foil and butyl mat to seal any openings.

Comment

Working...
      X