Finally registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally registered

My brother has been a long time member on here. But I was just a lurker here but frequented other sites like Crown Vic dot net and MM dot net. He bought his first panther before 2000. I remember I was the one that actually drove it home for him from the used car lot back then. He was busy or something. Felt like a boat of a car back then. His is a 1988 Grand Marquis. Got my first on Jan 1, 2000 and it was a blue 1988 Crown Vic. Totaled that one sometime around 2003 or 2004 but bought another one shortly after.

Anywho, I bought some owners manual stuff regarding severe service maintenance on ebay and the seller put in a note about joining this site. So I finally did.

Welcome!
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

I think that was me that put that note with the owners manual. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome!
        Do you have a panther now? There is a reader's rides section on here where you can tell us all about it, and everyone loves seeing pictures.

My guess on the seller was Tom before I even saw his post.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                Welcome!
                Do you have a panther now? There is a reader's rides section on here where you can tell us all about it, and everyone loves seeing pictures.
                Yes, I still have two panthers. A black 1988 Crown Victoria S (as my username implies) that I bought I think in 2004 on ebay. Drove it cross country back in say 2005ish for job opportunities. Has the rare 135 mph speedo. Only seen one other on ebay like mine that has up to 135 and just a tick mark for the 140. Most have the 140 numbers not missing. The carb went out on it several years ago and I put a Holley 1-684 on it as a direct replacement to stay CARB legal here in California. Took a long time to find a shop to get the Carb working right. Still needs about one minute of warm up when started cold then drives good. Took it to a few trans shops to match up the carb to the trans which it shifts ok but still needs a little work on the 1st shift (sometimes seems a little late). I got a guy at a trans shop I was emailing that says he can do it since he has worked on Mustangs with the TV rod. Or I could put another VV on it someday. Also, the paint was sand blasted when I got the car so I had it painted via MAACO many years ago. MAACO paint job was decent for the most part and has retained most of its shine. My second panther is my 2003 Mercury Marauder that I bought in 2006.

I've went from ImageShack to Photobucket but with them requiring more personal data and then going fee based, I don't do much of that anymore. But I'll see if I can post up some pics in the reader's rides section.

Comment

Awesome! I think I've only seen a pic of a 135 speedo once (and it was recently).

You can attach images to the post, you get a limited amount of storage space but I usually upload using imgur.com and then just link the image with the img tags for my posts. You don't need an account or anything to upload which is nice.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    I think that was me that put that note with the owners manual. Welcome.
                    Yes, I went back and found that note. It was Tom. Thanks Tom.

Comment

My pleasure

Comment

I believe my brother goes on here by the username Grandmarquisdriversince99 or something like that.

Comment

Welcome.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                          X