My 88 Vic (before MAACO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual seats

both front seats are manual. no pouches in the back of the seats, but I got a good set at pick n pull that I may put on someday.
    Attached Files

Comment

OK, some more pictures. I bought some NOS trim for the bottom of the trunk (in pic) but I noticed there are differences for 90/91 so I found a original 88 from pick n pull that was good after a good cleaning. And here is view to the front. The original windshield was surprisingly uncracked when I first got the car. But it did eventuallycrack and I've replaced several times. Now with an original Carlite glass. The radio bezel, etc. all had holes drilled in them so I replaced them from the pick n pull. And scored a good dash board from pick n pull at some point. I try religiously to take care of up seeing how the original was so cracked especially the speaker holes. Also don't know what this "choke" looking pull thing is, but the toggle switch is the horn. The horn button on the steering wheel doesn't work. There are plugs for holes on the roof and on on the driver rear quarter panel. Not sure what kind of antennea I can get for that one. But on the rear passenger side quarter panel, I bought a small antennea from Ripon for that. Also got some holes in the bumper that I don't know what they are for. Lights or push bumper? I'll probably see if I can find some of the before Maaco pics with some of the light angle that shows some of the prior graphics.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 88LTDCV351; 07-16-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

And here is the Patterson NJ Bicenntenial sticker. You can't make much out of it now. I have a NOS bumper I was going to put on but would be great to find a old unused bumper sticker to replace it. But oh well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like your are making it look great again.

Interesting that they ordered the cassette radio.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yes, there was a stock cassette radio in it when I got the car. Looks identical to the one I had in my totaled blue 1988 Crown Vic. I did have to replace that radio a few times though with another stock until from pick n pull when the cassette part would stop working or tuner would go bad etc. I kind of like keeping the stock look on the radio.

No amplifier or anything like that so obviously this was not a "premium sound" car, lol.

I think the only speakers the car had was under the dash. The wiring was there for the side doors which the previous owner used to put speakers there. But the rear speakers, the previous owner had run wires under the carpet to their aftermarket speakers back there. Maybe that is why part of the carpet is torn in the rear. I bought a ACC carpet which I want to install.

Comment

No gauge package on this car. That would have been cool but sometimes I don't like the way these cars kind of had those added as an afterthought on the passenger side but slanted to the driver.

Just thought you guys might want a shot of the engine bay also. Got the new reproduction hood liner from some place on ebay about 3 years ago. Fit perfectly.
              Attached Files

Comment

Also, maybe you noticed, but it is not an automatic climate control car.

Comment

The holes in the bumper look pretty small for a push bar. Are there holes under the bumper too ? If so, it would be a push bar. In my opinion the holes in the bumper were for lights and the pull switch next to the toggle, turned them on. The horn button not working was not unusual. Horn was wired separately or wired in with other police equipment. I notice you have a ticket light on the headliner. Some departments had them, some didn't. Some even had a red lens. A white bright interior light was discouraged as it is an officer safety issue. It is good that the clock "blank" is in good shape. So many ended up with a hole drilled in it. One thing about adding antennas, It becomes a PITA when you use a car cover. I have a car cover for the 96 with one antenna on the roof.

Comment

Looks really nice under there.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                    X