Heavy duty radiator options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy duty radiator options

What options are currently out there for heavy duty radiators for boxes? I seem to recall others on here mention a 3-row copper radiator that used to be available on Rock Auto. The only radiator with more than one row on there now is a 2-row copper radiator: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3762138

I just made a deposit to the engine rebuilder for the 302 that will be going into the Mercury. I want to make sure she has ample cooling.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Considering that radiator is copper and has a lifetime warranty, I would check the specs and consider it. I found a 3 row but it is aluminum a only a one year warranty which is no good. You might check on the Marauder or Mustang forums as to what those people use.

Comment

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/pr...mance-radiator
      1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

You can also use 351w radiators for earlier box years and just swap in the matching top hose. Also, you will need to cut out the rubber of the bottom mount for the skinny side and get another long top mount to install any HD radiator.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i got a 3 row brass radiator from auto zone like 3 or 4 years ago for my 83 mark. it was a little wider and longer than the 0e 2 row. went with 3 row due to heat in fl.
          to make it fit i had to bend the top retainers out a litte. and used pieces old hose beteen them and the retainers. its worked well.
          good idea to add new cap and fan clutch if they are really old.

Comment

Many of the 79-87 CV police/taxi 351 models had 3 row radiators. The top and bottom pads are bigger and the top hold downs are larger. All those larger parts fit into the existing holes. Occasionally you will find those parts on Ebay. Ford dealers will have the part numbers.

Comment

I can't recommend the newer brass/copper radiators...mine failed after a few years. Theres a company that makes 2/3 core aluminum ones that a few members on here have had luck with. The 2 core should cool as well as the 3 core brass unit.

Here's the link to them: https://www.radiatorexpress.com/part...ictoria/50l-v8
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The one I put in the Conti is a Liand or Liland Global. Probably the same people who make ^^ those AL ones. Its a nice unit, fits well, looks very obviously not OE because shiny and welded but I really don't care about that.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I put a Liland 547AA2R in my 85 CV. It’s the replacement for the factory 3 core copper/brass. It seems well made. Rock Auto has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X