LED Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Headlights

I want to change my headlights on my 1988 Lincoln Town Car. Bought some really nice ones and they don't work [emoji25] only the highbeam part works. Any ideas why?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

the car killed them in self defense.

either that or they are wired for an H4 socket which is not the same as sealed beam.

but I'm betting on that first one.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That the car killed them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think he's joking... but the wiring is probably the issue. Swap the wires on the plugs (low/dual beam outer plugs) and low beams should work as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thank you, I will fiddle with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Comment

If you can swap the terminals yourself that is the best way. If you cant they sell short conversion harness.

i believe this is themhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/30403340376...gfoH8&LH_BIN=1

Yes folks???
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

They came with some wires which I had no clue what they were for. But I think you plug them to the headlight and the lose wires into the plug of the car with the terminals switched.... Or something like that [emoji23]
              Gonna whine to my friend about it and he'll do it for me... [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
              X