No announcement yet.

1990 Country Squire Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn the key on, Let the gauge go up to full. LEAVE the key on and unplug the sender at the tank. It should immediately drop to "E". That will tell you the sender is no good. If it stays on full, then you have a short in the wiring. WagonMan.
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
      Turn the key on, Let the gauge go up to full. LEAVE the key on and unplug the sender at the tank. It should immediately drop to "E". That will tell you the sender is no good. If it stays on full, then you have a short in the wiring. WagonMan.
      I just did that test and the gauge stayed on Full. Maybe I damaged some wiring getting the old tank out or putting the new tank in. Also, I cut two access panels out from behind the rear seats to get the rear shock absorbers out. I wonder if I did any damage to the wiring I saw. It’s raining cats and dogs out here today so I’ll check it all out tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thanks again!

Comment

Ok so I corrected the wiring issue. Thanks he sender must also be the issue because it reads Full no matter what. However now when I disconnect the wiring the gauge pauses. I’m having a hard time finding a gauge level sending unit for this car, are there any universal units that might work?

Comment

I would go to the Ford dealer. Get the part number. Run the number on "Rear Counter Auto Parts". If nothing try Ebay, Green Sales.
          There are a few more suppliers. You have to have the proper number though.

Comment

Revive it. Very rare sending unit. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...air&highlight=
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
            X