88-91 Rear Bumperette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88-91 Rear Bumperette

I found an 88 CV in the junkyard today and removed the rear clip for another wall art project. I left the bumper for now as I have to return with a reciprocating saw as the bolts were all rusty and I just rounded them off, but I grabbed everything else I could in case the car is squished before I return, then I'd just have to buy a bumper. Got the trunk lid, tail lamps and housing, bumper filler, rub strips etc... but when I got home I realized I lost one of the bumperettes. Looking to buy one as it will look SUPER weird without hanging on the wall.

As these things are pretty much non existent in Junk yards now, my chances of finding on are pretty much nil.

I'm located in NS Canada.

Picture attached of what I'm taking about. Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	1305784

Thanks.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-15-2021, 11:28 PM.
    sigpic

And attached is the first project a few years ago. Turned out REALLY well and I also made a desk light out of a Cadillac valve cover and Corvette water pump.

The 88 Rear wall art will go in the barn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wall art.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1289485
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-15-2021, 11:28 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

It was an 88, not 87. Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote 87 three times.

Jeezz I'm slipping.
      sigpic

Comment

Fixed that for you.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I found a nos rear bumper guard in Canada for you. Should be for the driver side but verify especially if for bumpers with strips or not. Ford Part #E8AZ17984A
          Ebay listing #164842217174
          Hope this helps
          Last edited by Mainemantom; 08-16-2021, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I saw that initially, but thought it was a 87 or older one and mis-labeled. Had a second look at it, and I think it's the right one so I scooped it up.

Project should now be complete

Well, not really complete, just a pile of parts, but a good winter project when I'm looking for something to do in February and it's too cold to do anything outside or in the garage.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X