Starting from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting from scratch

I had to get a new motor. Machine shop just finished a 306 w new crank and pistons. The block is from an 85 stang. Comp cams couldn't get cores for six months and I wanted a xe-258 setup. They found a company called bullet racing cams that does work for the funny car circuit. They built me a cam kit w springs and stuff to go on with the gt40 heads. All of that is together. Got a new oil pan. Box. Not fox. The brace in the middle. The car had been converted to efi with ported upper and lower explorer intakes and a mustang computer. We are taking stuff off the old motor. Also have a 3g kit from lmr ready to go. I'm trying to think of things to get off the old motor. It had a smog delete n stuff. I guess it would just be the bracket for the alternator and water pump. A few pullies..

Same oil pan Panther and Fox, quite probably the only reason its even available. The 351 swap oil pan is a Panther specific part, but it also works for the Mustang so I'm sure thats why it exists too.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's great. It should fit fine then. I was thinking the box had a hump in it and two drain plugs and the other didn't. I wonder what size fuel injector it will end up needing. I remember some saying the 24s were maxing out.

Comment

With that setup you should do just fine with 24's. You can always go bigger and tune it, but 24's tend to be cheap and plentiful
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

It's really hard to guess horsepower and we aren't there yet but I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on how much power. These builds get around 260 if I remember right.

Comment

mine dynoed at 225 at the rear wheels. Possibly could squeak a bit more, it had a slight misfire right at the top of the run. Not sure what was causing that.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X