No announcement yet.

Weight reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always liked what rally cars have to offer. That Ltd with the ls motor and king shocks seems to do pretty well out in th desert.

Comment

Improving it overall is fun. I really liked a lincoln ls I drove. I think I like 50/50 weight

Comment

When I had the 88 MGM, I put 3.55L gears (L = Limited slip), wide ratio gears in the trans, and dual exhaust. It would scare most cars off the line but fall on its face at about 35mph. It was fun to drive, but definitely not fast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I wonder what a stripped down box weighs? I just don't see the efficacy of making a dedicated drag car out of a box unless that is the only car available to do that with. It's like Putter Project; if it was 4-wheel drive; I woulda trashed the CV and built that truck up instead. Since it's just 2WD and sits on a 3/4 ton chassis, I've done nothing with it. Just too heavy for me to spend time messing with. With that said, I did what I did to my Mom's CV because that was part of the agreement. The goal was to have a nice boulevard cruiser that would see the drag strip 2 maybe 3 times a year. I'm still not opposed to putting a big block in there; it's just a money thing at this point.

Comment

The po of my 87 tried making it into a drag car. He even pulled all the fi and ac stuff. First thing I did was convert back to fuel injection and honestly I don’t feel a difference in power. And as said the weight of these cars doesn’t help either. To me these cars are great cruisers, I don’t see them as drag racers nor would I want one as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then plan is when I'm old to have tesla self driving tech installed. IL ride in the back smoking cigars lol. We have ash trays Fer Pete's sake

Comment

Working...
              X