Coolant Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    My filter is one of those diesel coolant filters (looks like a spin-on oil filter), but chem free version filter.
    Mount: WIX 24019
    Filter: WIX 24069
    sounds cool. Got any pics of the setup?
    1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

funnels systems are cheaper on the usual sites. They screw into the coolant system so you fill the funnel and it feeds as bubbles exit the system. When you are done put in the funnel plug remove funnel and drain leftover back into the bottle.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I think I'm going to go with Evan's coolant. ( https://www.evanscoolant.com/ )

I'm tired of gasket and heater core failures due to the nature of a pressurized system.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
          sounds cool. Got any pics of the setup?
          Buried somewhere in my RR thread... lemme check...
          Here it is: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post806998

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If you're looking to spend a decent chunk of money on a thing to refill your coolant system, what you want is an airlift. It vacuums the system down which is useful for leak checking. If it holds vacuum, there are no leaks. Shut the vacuum off, switch hoses, and it just sucks coolant out of a bucket. No air bubbles, no burping, no bullshit. Absolutely wonderful tool to use. Scott has one and one of these days I'll buy one for myself.

https://www.cpsproducts.com/automoti...-system-tools/

Only trick is you need a source of compressed air and a reasonable volume of it. Wee little compressor ain't gonna do it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Kinda the same trick I do with a hand vacuum pump. I fill the system then open the flush T on the highest heater hose and suck the air out of that, put the cap back on the rad/tank, then release the vacuum and top up the flush T (usually an ounce or 2) and cap that. Then open the rad/tank again and top it up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I bought one of those vacuum deals that work on the air compressor. It's awesome. I had to have it for the Escape, but I use it in everything now.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I’ll have to invest in an airlift tool when I get a new compressor…looks pretty neat. I picked up one of those Lisle funnels a few years ago. Works like a champ and keeps the coolant from spilling all over while you are waiting for the thermostat to open.

I decided to go with the Zerex Original Green coolant. It’s good for 5 years. Hoping to get the flush done this weekend if I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    Buried somewhere in my RR thread... lemme check...
                    Here it is: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post806998
                    thanks Sly. That thing caught a lot of crap! sons car was severely coolant neglected. Weve done 2 flushes and a third with Evaporust. helped but still rusty particles. Gonna replace the radiator hoses, seems there is rust enbedded in them. Must have run hundreds of gallons of water along with the flushes.
                    1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                    X