No announcement yet.

Mark VI ash tray issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shroud comes off the bulb, bit difficult but possible. The crimped part at the back where the wire goes through is not part of the domed bit with the hole. If you get a fine blade screwdriver in there you can get them to come apart a bit, then it just pulls out. Or more realistically you cuss at it and it fights with 36 years of friction and rust holding it together but eventually it will let go and reveal a common bayonet base lamp.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Great info, thanks for posting.
      I remember going through this before but it was so long ago i forgot lmao.
      I checked my Fox but it's totally different

Comment

Yep I figured out how to get that bulb out but ended up replacing the whole lighter assembly as mine was pretty crusty. Mine doesn't appear to ever have had the ashtray illumination bulb just the bulb that illuminates the socket, in fact that whole ash tray assembly looks a bit different than mine.. I also don't seem to have the L shaped piece. The wires just come through a round rubber grommet on the left side of the ash tray. I honestly don't know how it was set up from the factory as all the wiring in that area is hacked up, I haven't revisited looking for the positive wire for the socket illumination, I just haven't had the time.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
        X