Steering wheel buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel buttons

Hello all, I just got a 1995 Lincoln Town Car and it has a crippled steering wheel button on the right side which I plan to replace. My OCD simply won't take that. The cruise control doesn't work but I still need to replace that button cause I see it all the time.
    My question is, does anyone have a spare button like this? The interior is dark blue and so is the steering wheel and the lights. I'll attach some pics of the crippled one... and of course one of the car as well [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

The border being closed really kills shipping, but if I find one here in Detroit I'll let you know.

Are you sure the cruise does not work? The Set button seems to be the first to go. While driving, try hitting the On button then hit the Coast button. The cruise should set when you do this and if it does, you have a bad Set button (like my '98.) If it does not set cruise with the Coast button, the Coast button or the On button could be bad or some other piece if the system.
    I don't remember if the digidash displays "Speed Control" as soon as you hit On or only after cruise is set (I think it's displayed after cruise is set.)
    Last edited by VicCrownVic; 10-03-2021, 03:41 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

My roommate checked it over and he said some sensor for the cruise is not working. But also this button is crippled on the underside as well and just kinda floats in that shell. One side of it should have a little duehicky to click it in and that's mangled too. I have no clue what they did to break it like that....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Gotcha, I was wondering if it was just as buttons, but it sounds like that is not the case.

One of those things that just make you wonder: What were they doing? LOL
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Exactly! Since I am the second owner on this car...
          It was his Dad's car and he passed about 3 years ago and nobody in the family wanted the car cause it is "too old" and doesn't look like the spaceship looking plastic bombs nowadays. His kids called it the "poopoo car" [emoji23] Good for me though! It has only 113000 km on it too and the original engine. I drove almost 3 hours one way to get it. A steal in my opinion and a car I'll have for a long time.

Comment

Skip to 21:12. When I click it, it does not go to the time I want, but tried in another browser and it does.

[Sly] Edit: direct link that will drop you in at the correct timestamp for sure: https://youtu.be/VHVDOQzZX3o?t=1272
            Last edited by sly; 10-04-2021, 09:33 PM. Reason: put direct link below video
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I like the random stuff he comes up with. "I wonder what Shania Twain is doing right now.." Half the entertainment comes from the stuff he says lol.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Same reason I watch AvE.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I could probably bring a switch with me across the border in a couple of weeks.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

That would be awesome! Let me know when and where...

Comment

There's one 95 Executive at my local U Pull. I'll grab it. Sunday the 31st I should be in the area before dinner time.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                      X