Box rear sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box rear sway bar

Looking for a Box RSB. Car didnt have one, so bolts and spacers would be great. Thanks Guys.
    1987 CV LX 5.0

Me too, pal...
    And I'm hella far away aswell.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
      Me too, pal...
      And I'm hella far away aswell.
      lol you are damn far away.... Good luck!
      1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

For reference - do you all want the PI bar or will you settle for the smaller handling package bar?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I want the PI bar, for the hassle and money it's going to take to get one here, I don't want to be left wanting for more.
          Been also thinking about the Addco 650, but just the bar is $200 and $100+ more for shipping and VAT...

Comment

Addco tells me their 324 fits the early control arm cars, basically the 650 with brackets to attach the ends to the arms. They sent me a PDF years ago, and it was like hand drawn draftsman kinda general install guide. and i remember thinking it was pretty jankey looking with some afterthought brackets. I doubt they sell any. I would be interested in one that installs like factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              For reference - do you all want the PI bar or will you settle for the smaller handling package bar?
              Looking for a PI one. Not sure how much the thin one would actually help?
              1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Any bar would help over none. I know PI bars are out there, mostly being held on to, so to get someone to separate with it might cost $$$
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The Addco 324 doesn't seem that bad, too bad it's not in stock at Summit. Only Jegs has it and they don't ship to Finland.

I also managed to dig up this: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ED-87-Town-Car

Considering the scarcity of factory parts, I'm not too afraid of going aftermarket. A rear bar has such a drastic difference in handling.
                  Last edited by Arquemann; 10-18-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I guess I could use a trailering package sway bar, anyone got one? Would prefer the spacers and bolts as well. Thanks guys.
                    1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Are you still looking for this? My parts car probably has one (has the trailering package). I can measure the diameter in the next couple of days.
                      sigpic

Comment

MCB82GT doesn't need a sway bar anymore, his son just totaled the car. I would be interested in it if its the fatter police bar. If Arquemann wants it, give him first dibs, I can probably find one easier than him. WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

No need to save it for me, since figuring out how simple the brackets are, I'll just order the Addco bar from Summit when the time comes.

Comment

Ok, I'll measure it in the next couple of days and post the diameter here.

What is the diameter of the police spec bar?
                            sigpic

Comment

It measures 1 1/6". WagonMan
                              89 Colony Park
                              90 Colony Park
                              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X