Box Two Door Front Seat Hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Two Door Front Seat Hinges

Looking for two door front seat hinges. Full front set...passengers and drivers side.

79-87 should work for me from Mercury and Ford box panthers. Cannot comment on Lincolns.

Past me or my father ripped off the lever for tilting the front seats forward and I would like to have them functioning to make tilting the seats forward a bit easier than prying up on the nub that is left with a pair of pliers.

Below is a picture of a two door hinge next to a four door hinge.

You can see the shiny silver nub that is left. It should be longer and have a knob attached to it.

I am located in Whitestone NY.
    Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Bump.
    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

don' suppose you can just attach an extension to what you've got left? flat bit of metal and the sparky metal glue gun seems like it would do.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have considered that as an option if one cannot be sourced. I am stuck on the fact that if I have to dismantle the seat to weld on an extension bit to whats is left Id rather just install the correct part at the time. I'd have to source a proper knob as well if I go the DIY route. Definitely an option but not the one I prefer at this point.
        ~David~

Comment

I don't suppose they're the same as fox parts?
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That is a really good question...one definitely worth investigating further.
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I don't suppose they're the same as fox parts?
              Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              That is a really good question...one definitely worth investigating further.
              Looks similar but not the same:

~David~

Comment

truck parts maybe? Just seems odd that it wouldn't be shared with anything else. Its just a seat mechanism.

Comment

Looking at your pics, another option might be to drill and tap out the holes for a 5/16 x 2"bolt and cut the bolt heads off.

Comment

I do not follow. Further elaboration is required.

My main problem is the missing tip of the knob that enables you to easily tilt the front seats forward.
                    ~David~

Comment

Just a thought. Make a junkyard run and find a two door Ford product of that vintage like a TBird. Saw off the lever and have it welded to your existing bracket. Might work well at least until you find another hinge assembly. I would get more than one at the junkyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                        Just a thought. Make a junkyard run and find a two door Ford product of that vintage like a TBird. Saw off the lever and have it welded to your existing bracket. Might work well at least until you find another hinge assembly. I would get more than one at the junkyard.
                        Yep. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for this stuff now. Sounds like it is a possible solution.
                        ~David~

Comment

Bump.
                          ~David~

Comment

If the hinge can be removed i would just weld onto that broken off tab. If you cut the head off of a proper length bolt, then cut a slot in the non threaded end, you could slide it onto the tab and weld both sides. Then you would have a threaded end to install a suitable knob.
                            If it has to be stock, you could still drill through the tab and plug weld a tab "extension" and then use files, etc to be able to fit a stock knob?
                            Just spitballing

Comment

Good ideas. It has to be close to stock. I have the metal seat trim that surrounds where the knob comes out and the slot the shaft rides in is very thin so it has to stay close to stock. All good ideas to help me decide/ponder on what to do.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X