No announcement yet.

Box Two Door Front Seat Hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went to Car-Part.com. looked for 1984-up CV front door. Found 4 listings for 2 doors. It might be worth a shot to call each yard to see if they will sell the seat hinges. It isn't like people are lining up to get two door front seats.
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 12-22-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Anything is possible. I cant see them holding onto whole cars of this vintage though. More like just throwing the doors on a shelf.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Good ideas. It has to be close to stock. I have the metal seat trim that surrounds where the knob comes out and the slot the shaft rides in is very thin so it has to stay close to stock. All good ideas to help me decide/ponder on what to do.
        Ok gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Anything is possible. I cant see them holding onto whole cars of this vintage though. More like just throwing the doors on a shelf.
          When I worked at a wrecking yard, many cars were there for years. Car-part shows pictures of the cars. I picked "doors" to be 2 door specific so seats would be specific too. Worth making a few phone calls.

Comment

Bump. Made some calls. Some say that they no longer have vehicle while others say that it is too much of a pain in the ass to remove them and that I would have to purchase the entire seat...which would be two in my case! That aint happening. Awaiting on a call back from one yard. They had to see if they would even sell it separate from the seat.

So as of now still in search.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've never seen them do anything. My seats don't latch.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                I've never seen them do anything. My seats don't latch.
                I agree. I was in the same boat all these years. For some strange reason both sides now do latch after swapping them from the original seats to the new to me 88/89 seats I installed.
                ~David~

Comment

Bump

I did saw off some shafts from a mustang. Will likely be pulling the seats apart to weld on the extension...

Still looking though.
                  ~David~

Comment

Do we think Mark VI works?

RE: Mark VI I recently pulled parts from, http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post864482

This photo: https://i.imgur.com/QTjMrvi.jpeg

It's a 2.5 hr drive from me (each way), but I can make arrangements and calculate cost if you want it that bad. I don't think he'd be willing to pull it for me because pulling the seats apart kind of sucks (been there, done that), but I don't believe that car is being derbied this year, so it might be around for a while.

Current driver: Ranger
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Odds are they are the same considering the design/shape of the seat looks identical to my car.

I do not want to have you do this though as there is of course some uncertainty....also because you would be making an especially long trip just for me. If you were going their already I would say grab them...but that kinda past.

I really appreciate the offer but will have to err on the side of caution here.
                      ~David~

Comment

Yay. I got a pair.
                        ~David~

Comment

Where did you get them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            Where did you get them ?
                            Good question. By the way, we hadn't see you, in a little while here so I thought you were the one that hit that big lottery ticket in Maine!
                            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              Where did you get them ?

Huntsville alabama LQK self service yard. I had a job down in New Orleans where I drove a van to pick up equipment. I made a stop at the yard on my way down.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

Good question. By the way, we hadn't see you, in a little while here so I thought you were the one that hit that big lottery ticket in Maine!
                                I have had major problems with my windows 10 upgrade and being able to post here. The only way I can post is either with my iphone 10 or by using Edge with win.10. PIA. My time on this site is about half as much as before which does not make me happy.
                                I wish I did win the lotto. My wife and I know where the money would go. Hopefully the person who won won't blow it up their nose. For sure the winner will have more "friends" with all kinds of sad stories. Maine is a State where the winner's identity is not kept confidential. Most people who win the lottery are unhappy and broke in 5 years.
                                Thanks for asking about me.

Comment

Working...
                                X