Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    box wipers park.

Somewhere along the way the box motors changed and there was a wiring harness adapter to fit a late motor to an early car. Offhand I don't remember if it changed from 1 to 2 plugs or from 2 to 1. The motor on my 86 is original, one of an exceedingly few things that are, so I've never actually been forced to know anything about the different motors. I can tell you that getting the clip off is a pain in the ass though, and when it goes flying off when you finally do get it undone, it vanishes in the dead leaves and other trash that will be packed into the wiper cowl. Once you find it, assuming it didn't break which it probably will, clean the dirt out before putting it back together.

and if the motor didn't come with a clip, buy an extra so you won't need it.
    Yeah i remember that clip lmao

Comment

So my 1987 wiper with two plugs can be swapped to a single plug. What year and what single plug should I get

Comment

If you order the one plug motor for '90-'91 it should come with the right mounting plate. If you order for a '98 it is considerably cheaper but you have to swap your mounting plate from your old motor to the new motor.
        In both cases you'll need to grab the wire connector, lop off your two connectors, and splice the single connector in place of the two.
        If you've never replaced an aero/whale wiper motor, it's a bit of a pain to get at, compared to a box, to get that wire connector.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
        X