No announcement yet.

source for ignition cylinder pins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I did find a set of the proper pins, but its going to cost me 30 bucks to get the kit. I'll leave it on my watch list for a while and see if I get an offer for less $. No "make an offer" option. Its one of those things I both do and do not want to do. Spending 30 bucks for something I'll probably use once and then have sit in a drawer until I die seems pointless but at the same time that extra key irks me.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      well I did find a set of the proper pins, but its going to cost me 30 bucks to get the kit. I'll leave it on my watch list for a while and see if I get an offer for less $. No "make an offer" option. Its one of those things I both do and do not want to do. Spending 30 bucks for something I'll probably use once and then have sit in a drawer until I die seems pointless but at the same time that extra key irks me.
      There's a little trick that's cheap and rather crude, but does the job if you don't mind paying attention to the key. A locksmith can cut the ignition key bitting on one side and the door bitting on the other. Ford ignition locks of that design have the tumblers on the top, and most if not all door locks have them on the bottom. So you could only insert the key one way into the locks, but you'd only have one key.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria
      1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
      1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 360

Past: 1995 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Comment

On Ebay you can make an offer using the contact seller option. Its one of the drop downs in that section.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Another choice but likely more money than you want to spend. Find an nos single key lock set on Ebay or Ford for a patrol car. It was an option when ordering. Most police cars have only one key for everything.
          Might find a set in a junkyard.

Comment

Going for OE config here. The Mark VII uses one key for the doors and ignition and another for the trunk in stock form. Same as the Towncar. Its not really a major thing, its just what I've chosen to obsess about for the moment.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X