No announcement yet.

Engine Out Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the engine doesn't get hot enough to actually expand the coolant it won't push any out, and it won't need to pull any back either.

Not a good fix, but if you really get in a bind and have to make it hold water, I have used the Barr's Leaks block sealer before. The head gasket on the Continental is bad and leaks coolant to the outside of the engine. It had no other issues, so rather than deal with a head gasket job that involves an easy $500 in parts I dumped a bottle of that in. Been better than a year and I haven't had a drop of coolant on the ground since. It would absolutely not be my first suggestion but sometimes you have to do something even if its wrong.

a better but also bad option are those rubber plugs. May not last as long, but no risk of sealer crap plugging anything up either.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X