PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The '87 Colony Park Build

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Not a huge cat fan either.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Cats and dogs have their pros and cons. Cats do keep the mice away though. When my 1st cat passed; it only took a year for the field mice to invade the yard; and later the house. When we got our last cat; it only took her a month to clear the house of field mice; another month to clear the yard of moles and field mice. It got to the point where she got bored and started bringing mice in from other yards to play with. She wasn't particularly good with flying creatures though.

In any event; both cats and dogs hate it when you have to go to work or try to read anything.

I post a lot...

Rodents don't dare enter my house as I have 3 cats and they will hunt them down and kill them. I do not let them outdoors as evidenced by chewed up wires on Mom's car and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Something I skimmed over in the first post in the thread, Zach...you mention that mice destroyed the interior. How bad is the destruction?
    The once mint headliner is ruined, seats and carpet have been pissed/shit on hundreds of times by now. The entire interior has to be pulled and power washed at this point. I've removed at least a dozen dead mice from it so far.

I have traps, d-con, those (imo useless) electronic rodent control devices that plug into the wall, these Grandpa Gus things that are supposed to keep mice away. (literally bought them off an add on FB) https://www.grandpagus.com/
    I've tried Irish soap, moth balls, all the usual tricks. At the end of the day it's been sitting for over a decade in a pole barn, mice get in and do mice things, it is what it is.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Major bummer.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Maybe in the future you can find a mint donor car for the interior. If anyone can find one, it's you!
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb+ RPM Intake, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by pantera77 View Post
    At the end of the day it's been sitting for over a decade in a pole barn, mice get in and do mice things, it is what it is.
    Still, it f'n sucks. Sorry dude.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | 2010 P7B | '03 Marauder
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123