No announcement yet.

The '87 Colony Park Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely missed this was going to be a T56. Sooo... pretty much this is, IMHO, the ultimate box panther build.

What kind of numbers will the 5.0 be pushing out with the supercharger?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Such an amazing build, really next level stuff! If this doesn't get into some magazine like Hotrod or something I'd be very surprised! What are you going to use as the engine controller? (they need a standalone computer if they aren't used in the original vehicle, right?)
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Just keeps getting better. =-)

Comment

You can say these were built sloppy. The factory frame welds in the 80s at least are all pretty terrible. I'm a garbage welder and I can do at least that good.

Shame they don't make turbines big enough to go over those brakes. Something that looks like the stock 80s wheels until you get close enough to realize they're bigger.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
            Incredible build. You have some good talent and a few bucks.
            Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
            Just keeps getting better. =-)

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            I completely missed this was going to be a T56. Sooo... pretty much this is, IMHO, the ultimate box panther build.

What kind of numbers will the 5.0 be pushing out with the supercharger?
            I figured if I'm doing an "all out" built, it had to be a hand shaker. This is my take on the best box I can build. Someone will always be building one better though.

With the blower and L&M cams we'll be ~800hp

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Such an amazing build, really next level stuff! If this doesn't get into some magazine like Hotrod or something I'd be very surprised! What are you going to use as the engine controller? (they need a standalone computer if they aren't used in the original vehicle, right?)

Thanks! You actually can thin down the entire harness if you have a full donor car. It's an insane amount of work, but plenty of people do it. I was planning on running a Ford Control Pack, but now with the chip shortage they are unobtanium. There are many aftermarket options as well. that's a bridge I still haven't crossed.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            You can say these were built sloppy. The factory frame welds in the 80s at least are all pretty terrible. I'm a garbage welder and I can do at least that good.

Shame they don't make turbines big enough to go over those brakes. Something that looks like the stock 80s wheels until you get close enough to realize they're bigger.
            The rotors are the size of a stock turbine lol. With these brakes I have to run a 18" wheel min front and rear. Not sure how a turbine would look scaled up to that size. I have a spare set of Marauder wheels too possibly run as well.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I am blown away by this build. Best build thread i have read all year.
              Congratulations on all your hard work paying off, good for you!

Comment

Excellent build! A Coyote with an '03+ frame is my panther dream build. Any pictures of the finished product on the modified headers?
                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Wow! Just freakin wow!!!

Comment

You always said you'd hang onto this wagon, and this just proves your dedication to it.
                    Can't wait to ride in it.
                    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                      I am blown away by this build. Best build thread i have read all year.
                      Congratulations on all your hard work paying off, good for you!
                      Thanks, glad you like it!

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                      Excellent build! A Coyote with an '03+ frame is my panther dream build. Any pictures of the finished product on the modified headers?
                      I will grab you some, the headers are buried under piles of stuff right now. Just image a 03+ 2v 4.6 header but with coyote flanges, nothing special. It's not the ideal combo (the primaries are way too small for this build), but it's the best I can do reasonably.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      Wow! Just freakin wow!!!
                      Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                      You always said you'd hang onto this wagon, and this just proves your dedication to it.
                      Can't wait to ride in it.

Finally got the core support modified and installed in the wagon. Was hoping to get it done last weekend, but due to a nasty as hell storm with 70mph+ winds, I was too busy cutting up all the dead ash tress that kept falling on the barn.

I started by taking a spare rust free 79-91 style core support I had laying around (another piece of the HPP box lives on!). Since I'm, running an 03+ style rad and fan, all the core support has to do now is hold up the fenders (just like the factory 03+ ones). However, they moved the mounts quite a bit inward on the 03+ rad support, so some modification was necessary.

(this is actually the one out of the wagon but I forgot to take a pic before I started)

First thing I did was cut off the "hoop". I also drilled out the spot welds on the factory reinforcement body mount plates and removed them. I then ground it down flat so I could fab up some plates that would allow me to move the mounts inward to where they have to be on the 03+ frame. Oddly enough, the factory 03+ core support have both the older 79-02 holes and the 03+ holes so they work good as a template.

All the "dead ends" smoothed out and ready for it's new plate.

Mock up phase

One side done, working on the other

End result

03+ on top, my modified 89 core support on the bottom. Also, all my measurements payed off!

Last edited by pantera77; 12-15-2021, 10:49 PM.
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

And clean, painted, and installed; pretty straight forward. I also didn't want to run the goofy large stack of washers that come from the factory, so I made some various spacers out of some scrap aluminum from work. 3/4 + 1/2" worked perfect for both sides (at least at this point, might need to adjust when it's actually a car again)

Comment

Wow man, you've got some serious fabrication skills! Those welds on your core support are beautiful.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I cant wait till its done and you are bored of it. This would be one to scoop up!

I also didn't realize until you mentioned it in this thread (or forgot) that the HPP box met its maker.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Amazing fab work!

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                                I will grab you some, the headers are buried under piles of stuff right now. Just image a 03+ 2v 4.6 header but with coyote flanges, nothing special. It's not the ideal combo (the primaries are way too small for this build), but it's the best I can do reasonably.
                                I know they're "nothing special". I just want to see the old man's heliarc skills!
                                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
                                X