Muffler for 95 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler for 95 Lincoln Town Car

Hello all, I want to change the sound of my 95 Lincoln Town Car. I want to hear the rumble of the V8. What would you suggest I shall look for.
    But please don't suggest anything that would make my Beauty sound like Honda fart can [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

any flow through glasspacks like Magnaflow or Thrush welded would definitely fit the bill. The baffled mufflers give more thump and less smooth growl from what I can remember. Flowmaster 40/44 are a good example of that. Borla Atak are the most harsh raspy screaming noise makers, but tend to sound a little rice if you're running something really big. The Thrush tend to do better on the wallet though. Cherry Bomb is another glass pack that can make a good rumble. High flow cats will help "unmute" the exhaust too, but can be much more spendy depending on your local inspection laws, if not down right illegal.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I like dynomax super turbos and magnaflow's. if you want it louder go with a welded muffler. Does the car have dual exhaust?
      It's still going to be fairly quiet with the 4 stock cats.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yes it has dual exhaust

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
        1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
        1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
        1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
        2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
        1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
        X