Dual eletric superchargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    Got a link? I'm feeling lazy and don't wanna search for it.
    https://torqamp.com/

Comment

I truly don't understand how all these years eletric superchargers didn't work and then one day they produce boost but it looks like they are improving the output of the battery somehow.

Comment

Ford Mustang V8 with Electric Supercharger from TORQAMP / TorqAmp
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAN65Hkfwpg

Comment

I'm sure electric supercharging does work. Pump air into the engine and add enough fuel and it has to make more power. There have been enough dyno tests with people shoving the outlet of a leaf blower into the intake to prove that it makes more power.

the trick is the efficiency. Its going to need a fair bit of power to do that, and the only place that can sustainably come from is the alternator. Unless the horsepower gained is greater than what the alternator needs to provide that power its a loser though. Maybe for short bursts where it can draw off the battery but it won't be a power gain while cruising.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

OH! That thing. I saw Cleetus use it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had often wondered about electric superchargers and if they could be a solution to turbo lag. Maybe an electric supercharger for low end boost, short periods off the battery, and a turbocharger for cruising efficiency and acceleration.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
              X