Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
    Glad to help out. I hope you run white walls with the lacy wheels. WagonMan
    Oh yea... that's the only way to go... I swapped my 2 year old tires from the steel wheels onto the "new" lacy spokes.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I regret not running those on my TC. Couldn't find a set that weren't made in china or which didn't have dumb looking sidewalls or a goofy tread pattern at the time though.
    The only regular set of tires that I found (that wasn't through a vintage tire manufacturer (like Coker)) when I needed new tires a few years back were Uniroyal Tiger Paw's. They were made here in America. The only issue is that they don't seem to have a true white wall... They have a little tint to them, even when scrubbed clean. Sort of yellowish. I don't mind too much as it kinda matches the car.

Well, I said above that when the time came that I was ready to put the car on the road I'd post some pics. Here they are.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220423_191614696_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1290160 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220423_191522323~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	1290161

I think it looks really sharp with the new wheels. Really like the look of the car with them. Well, I'd like to say thank's to those that were involved with me deciding on these and thank's again to wagon man for the set of caps.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

Beauty.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

WOW! The wheels make the car! Deep dish wheels always look better than flat looking covers. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

A little more difficult to keep clean, but yes, they do look sweet!
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Great looking car. The wheel and tire combo set it off. Shame about the ding in the quarter panel.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
            X