1996 Ford Crown Victoria Trunk Weatherstrip/Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Trunk Weatherstrip/Seal

Anyone have a lead where this part can be found? Been doing my research and have several "feelers" out but so far I am not finding OEM (highly unlikely and probably expensive) - only aftermarket and mainly from China (probably don't want to go there). Any good leads would be most appreciated!!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

The one from a ‘98+ car fits fine. I think the one I’m using on my ‘97 came off a ‘07 or ‘08.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
      The one from a ‘98+ car fits fine. I think the one I’m using on my ‘97 came off a ‘07 or ‘08.
      Thank! I'll try to locate one - an OEM would be preferred as well as it being new. Let's just see what the search comes up with!!

Comment

Found this but not certain it will work and at this price I need to be sure. There are several aftermarket ones, much cheaper but I tend to go with OEM whenever possible. Thoughts??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17143211453...53.m1438.l2649

Comment

You might want to contact ebay seller

bobbyward

https://www.ebay.com/usr/bobbyward

He sells weatherstripping for many cars, and it is great quality.
          You could ask, he might have what you need

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post

bobbyward

Sent him an email so let's see what he has. If not, pending any negative ideas pertaining to my posted link. I'll go with that especially since it is OEM (or at least is supposed to be)!

Comment

I don't know how different the aero weatherstripping is, but on my box I just grabbed a piece of the old one and went to an equipment store.
              Some generic pinch weld slip on stuff by the meter. I wouldn't really be worried about having OEM, rubber is rubber and if you don't get the cheapest crap, it'll last.
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
              1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                I don't know how different the aero weatherstripping is, but on my box I just grabbed a piece of the old one and went to an equipment store.
                Some generic pinch weld slip on stuff by the meter. I wouldn't really be worried about having OEM, rubber is rubber and if you don't get the cheapest crap, it'll last.
                Yeah, I am merely concerned about design more than the quality of the rubber (up to a point, at least).

Comment

On boxes, you can use the ones made for hatch-back Fox Mustangs and just trim to fit if it's not a dead on fit. I think it needs trimmed for the Mercury trunk, but fits the LTD-CV trunk or something. Maybe not.

Aeros and whales have the same style seal, though the length may be a little different (whale should be the longer of the two if any difference)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post

bobbyward

Contacted him and he wrote back that EBAY has removed over 300 of his listings and he is not relisting. He is selling on Market Place (whatever that is) so something is amiss. I'll continue looking in case that is a "red flag". Maybe he simply does no longer wish to pay their fees - who knows??

Comment

Marketplace fees are less than eBay fees in my experience, so that's a possibility.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I have a used one from a low mileage 97 Town Car. It is 174 inches long. LMK if you are interested. WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

If Ebay has removed 300 the sellers listings, there is major problem, like negative feedback, fraud or something else. Many sellers like that move, then start again with another account. Buyer beware.

Facebook marketplace is a great platform to sell things quick. I refuse to be a part of FB though.

Comment

The E-bay seller probably didn't give his banking info. I don't use E-bay, Paypal or Facebook. I sell lots of parts and have many happy customers. WagonMan
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park
                            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Wow, sorry about that.
                              I got complete dew wipes, beltline, door and trunk seals from him a year or two ago. He was very helpful and the product fit perfectly.

I had no idea about his listings getting flagged, i would not have recommended him if i had known that.

Comment

Working...
                              X