X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Alexa powered box?

Modernizing my Old Lincoln Town Car / Austin'sAlternativeFuels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktI0yHwpI0M

Only interesting thing I saw in that video was the fact that he swapped to ATC temp control to a cable. Kinda wanna do that too.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I thought the suspenders were interesting lol. Yea that cable mechanism is a good idea.

Comment

He lost me when he said he has a GM completely controlled by Alexa. That would be the LAST thing I would ever do. Don't even want it in my home and would not have it doing any control of my car.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Hahaha yea I could see that. I wouldn't have one in my home either. My remote start didn't work right until I got the high torque mini starter. The alternator upgrade is great. I like the idea of cleaning up the engine bay/updating wiring. Sombody on here had an awesome engine bay. I saw some pics.

Comment

Great video, thanks for posting!
            I was also gonna say neat-o suspenders lmao
            My Zephyr has cable operated hvac controls and i love the simplicity of it. Just gotta keep stuff lubed and should hopefully be trouble free compared to electric/vacuum controls.
            That kid is really smart, i don't think i would ever go that far with some of that stuff, but was impressive.
            I mean twin 6v batteries with a giant capacitor is something you don't see every day.
            The cutouts were kinda cool and the car seemed to accelerate nicely. Sounded pretty good too.

He said in the video that he he shut off the voice recognition feature

Comment

He really should be a member here.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I can appreciate the work but I cringed when I saw that trunk cable management.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  I can appreciate the work but I cringed when I saw that trunk cable management.
                  A great amount of work and imagination involved but the wiring looked bad or as my late uncle (electrical engineer) would say, "looks like a rat's nest". Some strategic zip ties and wire looms would go a long way. Neatness counts!

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                    . Neatness counts!
                    Post pics of your neatness

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                      Post pics of your neatness
                      Just my opinion. If you believe the inside of his trunk looks good - great! All I'm saying is why put that much work into it and then leave it looking sloppy.

Comment

It's a pretty interesting Lincoln. Even if it's not all to my own taste, I appreciate the amount and breadth of talent he has to do all of that work.

I wish someone with the skillset would do a custom digital dash using VFDs instead of LCDs. It would just look more correct in a Box.
                        1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Just my opinion. If you believe the inside of his trunk looks good - great! All I'm saying is why put that much work into it and then leave it looking sloppy.
                          My point was that it is probably a work in progress. If you look at the rest of the car, i'm sure he'll get around to tidying that up.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                            My point was that it is probably a work in progress. If you look at the rest of the car, i'm sure he'll get around to tidying that up.
                            Very possibly correct! All I was doing was commenting on the present condition as we don't know if aesthetics are important to him so maybe he'll leave it that way. Who really knows? The ideas are pretty cool, though!

Comment

Very possibly correct! All I was doing was commenting on the present condition as we don't know if aesthetics are important to him so maybe he'll leave it that way. Who really knows? The ideas are pretty cool, though!
                              Agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X