No announcement yet.

Amazon Alexa powered box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! The only benefit I see, with the current situation, is if there is a problem, it is easier to get to the offending issue. Wonder if he ever got a chance to clean it up. As previously stated, the ideas are really cool, well thought out and executed!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

It looks like he mounted the blind spot cameras in the front bumpers. Couldn't do that with an 85+. Pretty clever use of those wide bumpers, though.

I've thought about how you'd install the amber light blind spot sensors. The light could probably mount inside the chrome mirrors between the housing and the glass. But finding a spot for the sensor is a little less obvious.
      1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
        Cool! The only benefit I see, with the current situation, is if there is a problem, it is easier to get to the offending issue. Wonder if he ever got a chance to clean it up. As previously stated, the ideas are really cool, well thought out and executed!
        That was my guess. Looming and wrapping a harness, then having to rip it all apart and rewrap, etc. is a huge PITA. Ask me how i know lmao

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
          That was my guess. Looming and wrapping a harness, then having to rip it all apart and rewrap, etc. is a huge PITA. Ask me how i know lmao
          I wouldn't want to tape it but a large enough wire loom (or several) wouldn't be too bad if you had them marked for function. Taping would be a major PITA to disassemble and redo!

Comment

I had to wrap/unwrap my trans harness more times than i count lol.
            1st time was Because it was just all dirty and thought i was done.
            2nd time was I went from AOD-E to 4r70w
            3rd time was because i switched ECMs
            4th time was because my tuner said i had to for him to tune the trans
            5th time was when i put it in my Fox
            6th time was when i needed to split it for the MLPS and reverse lights

And after all that- i might go Holley EFI and end up having to buy another harness lmfao.

In suspender guys's situation, the wiring is in the trunk so it doesn't really see the moisture and dirt/corrosion that would be present under the car, or the heat from the engine bay (where taping is more important imho)

Comment

I had to wrap/unwrap my trans harness more times than i count lol.
              1st time was Because it was just all dirty and thought i was done.
              2nd time was I went from AOD-E to 4r70w
              3rd time was because i switched ECMs
              4th time was because my tuner said i had to for him to tune the trans
              5th time was when i put it in my Fox
              6th time was when i needed to split it for the MLPS and reverse lights

And after all that- i might go Holley EFI and end up having to buy another harness lmfao.

In suspender guys's situation, the wiring is in the trunk so it doesn't really see the moisture and dirt/corrosion that would be present under the car, or the heat from the engine bay (where taping is more important imho)
              That's a lot of work but just think how much smarted you now are!

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                That's a lot of work but just think how much smarted you now are!
                Hahahahaha
                "Smarted"
                Yup that smarted for sure.
                But it's all good
                I feel like i get why suspender guy did it?

Comment

Hahahahaha
                  "Smarted"
                  Yup that smarted for sure.
                  But it's all good
                  I feel like i get why suspender guy did it?
                  Figured you'd get the joke! If I just said "smarter" it would not have been as funny.

Comment

That was really awesome to watch. He put a lot of work and deep thought/research into that car. Way cool.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X