seat cover review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat cover review?

I do not yet have them, but I ordered them ... https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Tweed-p-16173.html ... for the 1986 Mercury GM 50/50 split bench seats with inside arm rests that are in my '77 F-150. I put them in it in 1987, they were red leather but over time the leather gave up in places.

I have some I bought and put in about 10 years ago, they are a dark red tweed in the seat wear surfaces, but use stretchy nylon on the sides to "pull". They have held up OK, I forget where they came from, but I found these I just ordered. They make then in house they say, they describe them as full tweed, and on sale. I ordered these in the maroon tweed which looks a lot like the tweed on them now, I'm hoping for "all" tweed, no nylon. I also ordered the full coverage option, includes head rests, arm rests, and seat back pockets. They ran me $252.

I was just wondering if anyone hear has experience with these.
    If as nice as they look, might get a set for the '01 Mercury GM which looks to be near the same design, just covered in taupe cloth. I must confess, might like them in black tweed for my '07 truck's seats to, may save its leather.
    Attached Files
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

I believe I got my seat covers from seatcovers unlimited many years ago. I didn't go with tweed though. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Comment

I never got around to putting the back portion on the back seat because it requires me to take the back seat out.

Also, I didn't get the most premium they offer so I'm sure they might have nicer ones.Click image for larger version

Name:	back seat2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1290031Click image for larger version

Name:	back seat.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1290032Click image for larger version

Name:	seatcoversunlimitedfront.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1290033

Comment

Originally posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
        I never got around to putting the back portion on the back seat because it requires me to take the back seat out.

Also, I didn't get the most premium they offer so I'm sure they might have nicer ones.[ATTACH=CONFIG]57555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57557[/ATTACH]
        I think the ones in my truck now might be theirs, I'm just not sure. They have a thin and stretchy nylon on the sides that do not hold the heavier seat surface secure in place, so maybe they are not theirs. Your photos let me know that then when you bought yours, they used the same materials on both sides and seating surfaces. THANKS!
        No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

The ones I got from them are held on by velcro straps and string. So no stretchy nylon or different materials on mine.

Comment

I also bought a set of cloth ones from them for my Marauder and again it was also velcro straps and string ties. For the Marauder, I found it to be quite secure. I have some photos posted somewhere. Let me find the link.

Comment

One more thing for now. One thing I particularly liked on these seatcoversunlimited for my box Crown Vic was I did not have to cut holes for the headrest to go through. They have an opening with velcro.

Although I think the one that came for the Marauder, I did have to cut a hole for the headrest. But might be because I ordered cloth for the Marauder, and the box I ordered kind of the velour type material.

I do have somewhere a set of really nice blue leather seat covers from Valuecraft for another box. They don't make them anymore. But I wrecked that blue Crown Vic so wasn't able to use them. Unfortunately, I no longer had a box with a blue interior that I could use them on.

Comment

I reached out to SCU but they are unable to do my rear bench seat, unless I drive the car from WA to AZ - not happening.
                How did any of you get around this, or did you look elsewhere for the rear seat?
                I have the factory easy-wipe vinyl seats that are not the most pleasant to sit on...
                Thanks!
                "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
                Stan Laurel (1890-1965)

Penelope - 1952 International L200
                Jean - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park GS
                Lucy - 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Comment

Working...
                X