Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis ECM Location???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis ECM Location???

Where it at?

Usually located under the dash, possible in the middle. I'll try to get a more exact position and definite answer if I can!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

^^^^^^^^ Thank you friskyfrankie ^^^^^^^^^

I'm trying to confirm that I am looking at the right thing or not

Comment

I believe it has three connectors (or one that is divided into three) at the electrical end. Hope that helps as you don't want to confuse it with the LCM. Here is a photo:Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 GM ECU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1290025 Hope this helps!!

Comment

Its on the drivers fender in the engine bay.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it to me - thanks for the correction. Hate to send someone on a wild goose chase!!

Comment

Thank you GM_Guy
              Thank You friskyfrankie

Comment

They where in three different places if I remember correctly over the years. Boxes where above your left foot on the inside, the aero era and early whales where also inside on the driver side but different spot, and 2005+ underhood.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                  They where in three different places if I remember correctly over the years. Boxes where above your left foot on the inside, the aero era and early whales where also inside on the driver side but different spot, and 2005+ underhood.
                  Yeah, didn't realize it was moved on the 2005. Thought it still lived under the dash on the drivers side. Again, thanks for the clarification and correction.

Comment

My 93 and my wife's 2000 have the ECM/PCM in the same location as boxes... there next to the parking brake.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

For some reason I'm think the pre 2005 pcms where higher and closer to the brake booster than the earlier cars & boxes. Maybe the body lines have me all twisted up on that.

Comment

If it's different, it's a matter of less than 4 inches in any direction. For me, that's the same location. It may be higher up, but it's mounted in the same orientation in the same area under the dash, so close enough for me.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X