PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Lincoln Mark VI interior into a Vic/Marq

Hobbit

Default Lincoln Mark VI interior into a Vic/Marq

Thread title is self explanatory. Can fancy Mark VI interior be swapped in to a Vic or Marq?

I would imagine so... sans the rear B/C pillars due to different windows and maybe the door cards wouldn't fit right. I know the seats will swap. I imagine the dash would swap too since the firewall is pretty much the same. But I think the interior side panels are different lengths and would have to be shaped.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

yeah, pretty much that ^ . carpet could be fit, but the rear footwell area would need a section removed in order to fit correctly. Beyond the seats though I don't think any of it is just a drop-in.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

If it's like Town Car you'll have to swap the Vic/GM side-mounted seat switches to the Mark VI seats.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Mark VI and Towncar interiors are effectively identical other than the C pillar trim in the back. I have most of a Mark VI interior in my Towncar.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Hobbit

For anyone curious, the door panels won't fit. Door handles sit more forward on a Lincoln, the actual inner door structure is also different and many of the holes for push pins are in different places. It can be made to fit but will require custom fabbing.