Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 Door for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 Door for sale!

It is a sad day here for me. I am planning to move and looking to sell my well cared for 1983 Grand Marquis 2 door car. It has always been in the family (bought new) and owned by me since 2005. It has the original 302 engine with approximately 121K miles. The AOD transmission was rebuilt at 90K miles or so. The throttle body and injectors were recently replaced and it is running well. It has some oil leaks but not major enough to require attention but I want to mention it. The only thing (my opinion) needing fixed is the shift indicator has broke. It broke 5 years ago and was replaced but recently broke or came loose again. It is plastic and I believe it likely broke. The AC is converted to R134A (compressor also replaced) but I believe there is a freon leak. It works fine after adding more freon but it should probably be repaired if you plan to use it. The passenger mirror itself is loose inside the assembly. It stays steady while driving though and you still can adjust it. This car was repainted with the original color still 6 years ago and silver pinstriped instead of the original red. It has also been undercoated. The vinyl top is in great condition and still original. It once had a small hole but I patched it well and is barely noticeable. The dash is original and not cracked at all like most of these are. Most all lights are converted to LED except the headlights and some interior ones. The headliner was replaced. The sun visor fabric is sagging but not damaged other than that. The maroon velour seats and carpet are original. They show some fading but not bad. The steering wheel has one rub mark on the leather but great otherwise.

Some other known repairs (that I can remember):
    New aluminum radiator 2 years ago
    Rear differential oil replaced 1 year ago
    New battery 2 years ago
    New rear tires 3 years ago (good condition still)
    New front tires 6 years ago (good condition still)
    New valve covers 4 years ago (have originals still too)
    New drivers side power window motor 6 months ago
    New upper radiator hose and thermostat 5 years ago
    New fuel filter 1 year ago
    New hood liner 3 years ago
    New door radio speakers (Kicker brand) 7 years ago
    New shocks and wheel hubs 8 years ago
    New spark plugs and wires 7 years ago
    Dual exhaust (H pipe) 12 years ago
    Fuel tank dropped and cleaned 12 years ago

I have most all of the repair receipts since I have owned it.

It has mostly been garaged but lately it is covered outside. I would rate the overall exterior condition an 8/10. It is regularly driven once a week and oil changed regularly.

I will include some parts that I have, like the original throttle body and a gaskets to rebuild it.

Hoses and belts currently look good.

It is located in Topeka, Kansas. I am currently looking for offers only, I am planning to collect offers for awhile. You can message me those on here. I really hate to sell this car but I am hoping to find it a great new home with someone from the community here. Thank you so much!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tomgideon2003; 03-27-2022, 09:20 AM.

Very similar to my 83 MGM 2 door. Yours looks good. With gas prices as high as they are and increasing, many people will be ditching their large vehicles. Don't hold out too long to get the best price. Shipping prices are sky high too. The high shipping price killed the deal with the last prospective buyer for my car.

Comment

Yes, for sure. I will try to post it locally if I don’t find someone from here. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X