Installing Terminator X, need help with FACTORY wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Terminator X, need help with FACTORY wiring

Hello all, I am installing some Holley Terminator X into my 89 MGM. I have a few questions about the FACTORY wiring so I can terminate what wiring I don't need and keep what needs to be kept.

Sofar, I have eliminated all the EEC wiring and connectors, but my main concern are the 3 relays and there wiring located on the driver's fender. I know one is a fuel pump relay, but I am unsure what the other 2 are.

So my questions are:
    1. What are those 3 relays?
    2. Since I no longer need the fuel pump relay with the Holley kit, can I just eliminate the whole wiring for the OE fuel pump relay?
    3. If I need those 3 relays, who has a wiring diagram so I can determine what wires are needed and which are not.

Thank you all in advance, I look forward to your response! Others with Holley EFI installs PLEASE chime in too

Are not the other two 1) A/C and the other 2) ECM?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

The AC WOT Cutout relay (disconnects the AC clutch when you floor it - low side switched), ECA relay (power for all sensors and relays for/controlled by the ECM except the fuel pump relay - low side switched).

All of those relays are controlled by the ECM (switched side - ECM grounds the low side while the high side gets power from the ECA relay)
      Last edited by sly; 04-03-2022, 06:32 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yep, ECM power, fuel pump power, AC interrupt. The AC one you need to keep. It won't do anything without the ECM there but it completes the circuit. Possible the Terminator has an output, don't know. You can also just look at the diagram and figure which two wires need to connect together so the AC functions. Its in the EVTM. If you don't have an EVTM, you seriously need one. No real amount of electrical system modification should take place without the map of what its starting with.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will be installing a Terminator X Max in my Fox, not sure if the Terminator X is the same, but from reading the instructions for the X Max, on page 14 it does list an A/C cutout at WOT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	453026DD-2E4F-483D-A1FF-C8BB0E5A1071.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	1290085

Comment

If you're thinking about ordering a terminator do it now. Just saw holley raised prices again to $1599 (xmax) summit still has them at $1463. I pulled the trigger two weeks ago, getting all my ducks in a row before I tackle this.

Comment

I already have the Terminator X installed into the car. ECU mounted in the glove box, all wiring ran through the old ECU location hole (I know, kinda ghetto. But I couldn't find a gromet to fit.)

I am NOT running A/C on my car as I don't need it and never used it anyways, so I deleted all 3 off the relays mounted on the fender well. Installed a Painless fuel pump relay in a new location. Just have to connect power to battery, one to ground, one to green 12v signal wire from Holley ECU, and fuel pump power to the thick orange wire that runs on the driver side connector under the brake booster. I'll come back and update more stuff in the future when I'm fully done. Just waiting on all my dang parts to arrive. Itching to do some burnouts!

Comment

My X max arrived yesterday. Installed injector and coil harnesses, laid out the main harness and need the newer style IAT, TPS and CTS sensors.
                Ordered those from Tasca.
                Had to remove all the wiring from the car yesterday. Kind of a kick in the balls after all the work done previously. Oh well lol.
                Going to mount the ECM to a piece of MDF and mount on trans tunnel in front of floor shifter. I think the main power harness is long enough to reach my battery (trunk) from there plus have enough length for the engine harnesses.

I know Holley recommends a certain grommet for the firewall

Comment

Working...
                X