2000 TC Power Seat wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 TC Power Seat wiring

A buddy of mine is running a limo service and in his fleet he has a 2000 TC. We’re trying to figure out how to get the front passenger seat to move. It is indeed power but nothing is hooked up wiring wise. There are also strangely no controls on the passenger door panel. I could be wrong but I thought all Town Cars of this era including executive trim levels which this is had a power passenger seat.

Could you order a fleet model without the power passenger seat and at a later date someone swapped the power seat in and just never hooked it up? All we really need to do is be able to run it backwards. I’m hoping someone has a wiring diagram or knows a trick.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

I have the wiring diagram, but I'll have to remember when I get home to pull it up. We'll see how that goes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I remembered this time! This is for the base power driver seat. The passenger seat in a limo, the passenger seat has a LOT of different options. If it's just a long wheel base car, this should be what you need. All bets are off for limos as those are all coach build.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2000 TC Base power seats.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1290109

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Probably an option to delete it as part of a limo prep package when sold to a Qualified Vehicle Modifier.

Probably easy enough to add though your going to need to find a spot for the controls maybe lay it beside the seat or find a old seat mounted one and mount it side of the seat bottom. The partition will probably block most of the seat movement though.
        1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
        2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Hudson View Post
          Probably an option to delete it as part of a limo prep package when sold to a Qualified Vehicle Modifier.

Probably easy enough to add though your going to need to find a spot for the controls maybe lay it beside the seat or find a old seat mounted one and mount it side of the seat bottom. The partition will probably block most of the seat movement though.
          I’m not really surprised it could be deleted. I’m just surprised that it’s not at least a manual seat.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

​

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Hudson View Post

Originally posted by sly View Post
            I remembered this time! This is for the base power driver seat. The passenger seat in a limo, the passenger seat has a LOT of different options. If it's just a long wheel base car, this should be what you need. All bets are off for limos as those are all coach build.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]57671[/ATTACH]
            Thanks sly. I’ll get this to him and see what we can get figured out.

​

Comment

Hopefully at least the motors in the seat should have that pinout. Whether the module is in the seat with can bus to the door module, or it's just button controls... the motors should at least be the same across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                Hopefully at least the motors in the seat should have that pinout. Whether the module is in the seat with can bus to the door module, or it's just button controls... the motors should at least be the same across the board.
                I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. The goal is to just get it to slide back enough that I can fit in the thing. Sometimes we go out as a group of friends and it would be nice to be able to stick an extra person up there.

​

Comment

Working...
                X