Will it fit? trunk lids tudor and 4door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it fit? trunk lids tudor and 4door

Gents I need to know if the trunk lid on a 1986 and 1987 Tudor MGM is the same lid as that on the four door models?
    Do not want to sound like an A hole when I begin to call salvage places around the country.

Thanks;-)

Trunk lid should be the same ‘79-‘87, regardless if 2 or 4 door. Only differences is usually the badging changed a minute amount over those years.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

My crash book shows 79-89 as interchangable, which doesn't make sense. 88-91 should be on their own. What is the major difference between 79-87 and 88-91? Can a 88-91 be made to fit earlier cars? WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
        My crash book shows 79-89 as interchangable, which doesn't make sense. 88-91 should be on their own. What is the major difference between 79-87 and 88-91? Can a 88-91 be made to fit earlier cars? WagonMan
        Here's a pic of my '87 and my '91. They look basically the same to me with the exception of badges and trunk lock. Can't say if the underside is the same as I don't have the 91 anymore.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Looks like it would work. I know the trunk lock would badge on the newer lid would have to be retained, but thats easy to live with.
          WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park

Comment

Looks like it would work. I know the trunk lock badge on the newer lid would have to be retained, but thats easy to live with.
            WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park

Comment

Thanks gents, I just do not want to sound stupid when I am asked questions by salvage yards I am starting to call.
              Its amazing how the lid has rusted, even though the car was Z-barted when new.......I mean both door bottoms are rotted out, and the pass side A pillar is full of cancer......all the result of salt on the roads here in NYC during the winters. I will continue my search next week.

If 2 and 4 door models are the same, then my quest will be easier.

Comment

Pete you are correct 88 and up are not the same.....

Comment

Working...
                X