Mustang wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang wheels

Will any newer 17-20” mustang wheels fit on a box?

If the big positive ET of new is corrected, then yes. But you're looking at 2+ inches of spacer per corner, not exactly ideal.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Any idea of good years of wheels that fit?

Comment

Are you saying closer to no offset or negative offset wheels are better?

Comment

Stock for 79-02 are zero offset (center). Modern wheels tend to have 40+mm of offset and that would cause the wheel to look very sucked in and maybe hit control arms when turning. Centered wheels will fit up to 9.5 inch wide IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

94-04 will work, but like Sly said, without spacers it’ll look “hella” goofy. I ran them without spacers for a little while and it looked pretty gay. Rubbed the front sway bar a little at full lock and the left rear inside wheel house under very specific, rare moments of articulation. I can’t remember if I used 25/30mm spacers or 30/35mm spacers but it made it so much better.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

So need a zero offset wheel or perhaps one with a slight positive offset?

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
                94-04 will work, but like Sly said, without spacers it’ll look “hella” goofy. I ran them without spacers for a little while and it looked pretty gay. Rubbed the front sway bar a little at full lock and the left rear inside wheel house under very specific, rare moments of articulation. I can’t remember if I used 25/30mm spacers or 30/35mm spacers but it made it so much better.
                So need a zero offset wheel or perhaps a slight positive offset?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB53E82B-BCDE-46E9-AAB3-49A47DFE511A.png
Views:	1
Size:	1,008.6 KB
ID:	1290173

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4012C323-679D-4BDB-91A3-017B3567ED79.png
Views:	1
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	1290174

Comment

Will either of these fit? Just want to try to be as certain as possible before I make a big purchase

Comment

That wheel will fit on the rear, but the front may not fit due to the snout on the hub. Double check the hub hole size and compare to your car. I don't remember what the hub diameter is, but you definitely won't be able to use the center cap on the front without swapping to newer knuckles/brakes

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          That wheel will fit on the rear, but the front may not fit due to the snout on the hub. Double check the hub hole size and compare to your car. I don't remember what the hub diameter is, but you definitely won't be able to use the center cap on the front without swapping to newer knuckles/brakes
                          That’s 2 different ones, the second pic with only the specs is a bullet style wheel

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            Is there a list of any modern 5 spoke type wheels that fit? I’ve struggled to find information on aftermarket wheels

Comment

if it's made for a 65-73 mustang it will fit a box panther.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X