Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I use a stock mustang ECU on a Explorer intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I use a stock mustang ECU on a Explorer intake?

Now that I have the intake now for the rest of the story. I need something to control it. Would a mustang EFI wiring harness and computer handle it?

Project is coming to together.

Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Are you running a HO or Explorer cam already? If you are, using the Mustang ECU should be no issue. If you're still using a regular LoPo cam, then the Mustang computer will not work correctly.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

and I wouldn't advise putting an Explorer intake on an otherwise stock engine. Someone did that years ago and reported that the bottom end performance went to crap. Thats all the lopo has going for it so losing the bottom end and having no top end just makes it a total turd.

If you are using an HO cam, you can use the Mustang ECM and re-pin the stock harness to add mass air. The Fox chassis harness doesn't lay in there very well at all, much easier to modify the one you already have since it actually fits the engine bay.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also, if you aren't tuning it, you need to use the mustang 19Lb injectors as well with it, or it'll run really lean
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
        X