PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: LTB Mark VI trunk lid.

What a Luxury car should be. mercurygm88's Avatar

Default LTB Mark VI trunk lid.

I know this is a long shot but Iím looking for a Mark VI trunk lid that is as rust free is possible. My uncle wasnít paying attention today and backed his truck right into mine and the right side of the trunk lid is totally destroyed. Of course he blamed me and drove off. If I can find a trunk lid I have a guy who can paint it and install my old trim.

I realize if I do find one the shipping is going to be insane but at this point itís either that or sell the car and see what I can get, which probably wonít be much. But at this point I donít even want to look at it.

Sorry to hear.

Go here:https://www.car-part.com/

and search this: 1983 Lincoln Mark Series
    Trunk Lid/Hatch

if the listings are up to date you have a chance.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ootdega View Post
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

fomoco panthers !

Your Uncle crunched the trunk, blamed you and drove off ? Buy one and send him the bill. Don't expect him to pay . You will know that that guy is not a good Uncle and someone to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Sorry to hear.

Go here:https://www.car-part.com/

and search this: 1983 Lincoln Mark Series
    Trunk Lid/Hatch

if the listings are up to date you have a chance.
    Thanks Dave. Iíll take a look at it when I get a chance, although I donít think this is anything Iíll be doing in a hurry. A friend of mine has a brother who is an excellent body man. Iím going to see what kind of deal we can work out. He looked at it and he says itís fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Your Uncle crunched the trunk, blamed you and drove off ? Buy one and send him the bill. Don't expect him to pay . You will know that that guy is not a good Uncle and someone to avoid.
    Yes, heís the black sheep of the family. He doesnít come around often but when he does something unfortunately gets destroyed. Heís the type of guy who could write me a check for whatever the damage is and not even notice it. But he wouldnít do that for his own kids let alone anyone else.

My buddy and I are hopefully going to be pulling the trunk lid in the next couple of weeks and taking it to his brothers shop. I told him I donít care how long it takes or what it costs ďwithin reasonĒ I just want it done right. Fortunately the surface rust on that trunk lid is the only rust on the car so that will be addressed as well.