04 Headlight Low Beam Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 Headlight Low Beam Issue

Low beam on drivers side doesn't work and it's not the bulb (two brand new bulbs tested in socket). High beam works fine. Passenger side both low and high work.

Any ideas? is this a common problem?

Check the wiring to it along with the socket itself.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

+1 check for mouse damage. Follow the wires from the headlight back to the split from the main loom (this part is good due to the passenger side working fine). Also, check the harness for the bulb itself. If one of the pins has backed out, that could be why as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I did a quick check back under the header panel everything seemed fine. Guess I'll take the passenger light out and compare sockets. Hopefully it's there and not somewhere else. Just didn't know if there was some sort of control or switch that did independently or something. I just bought the car and previous owner had put new bulbs in so could of pushed a pin. Thanks

Originally posted by sly View Post
        +1 check for mouse damage. Follow the wires from the headlight back to the split from the main loom (this part is good due to the passenger side working fine). Also, check the harness for the bulb itself. If one of the pins has backed out, that could be why as well.

Comment

Check all your fuses too if you haven’t already. They are fused individually.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-crow...and-relays/amp

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post

I did not, would not imagined they would be! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lagalaxy8 View Post
              Low beam on drivers side doesn't work and it's not the bulb (two brand new bulbs tested in socket). High beam works fine. Passenger side both low and high work.

Any ideas? is this a common problem?
              It's probably going to be the LCM had a Marauder here that had both low beams out & it was a bad lighting control module.

Comment

The low beams are not individually fused. That's just fuse 9. High beams (fuse 27) are separate from low beams. No left/right separation.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
                  It's probably going to be the LCM had a Marauder here that had both low beams out & it was a bad lighting control module.
                  This is usually the low beam relay issue. Solder in a relay harness and then put a normal style relay in and have a nice day. But left vs right is still all tied to the same relay. Should also only be one pin on the LCM for output and that pin is split in the loom near the air filter box as it snakes around front to the loom crossover.

Comment

According to the link I provided they are. Not saying you’re wrong just pointing that out.

Still could be the lcm with it being a known failure point.

Comment

According to the link I provided they are. Not saying you’re wrong just pointing that out.

Still could be the lcm with it being a known failure point.
                      Looks like I was looking at 05. 04 shows 27 for high beams, 24 for left low beam and 26 for right low beam.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        Looks like I was looking at 05. 04 shows 27 for high beams, 24 for left low beam and 26 for right low beam.
                        Turns out there was no fuse in for it. The cig lighter had a 10 amp when it was suppose to have a 15. So my guess it blew and he thought he needed that more. We'll see if it ends up blowing when using the headlights. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X