04 Power Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 Power Pedals

My 04 if you push the button it clicks in both directions but the pedals don't move. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot or if a common problem with them? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6795.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1305952

the gears are almost certainly degraded. Someone makes/made brass replacements but I can't remember who or where.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      the gears are almost certainly degraded. Someone makes/made brass replacements but I can't remember who or where.
      Thanks. I'll check the gears out.

Comment

+1 plastic gears are cracked. Curless Auto made brass gears to replace them. Not sure if they have any in stock currently. I ordered the repair kit from them for my Expedition.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Over at CVN, he's taking pre-orders right now. He estimates costs will be around $125 a set.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
            Over at CVN, he's taking pre-orders right now. He estimates costs will be around $125 a set.
            Happen to have a link?

I messed with it last night it moved about 1/4", you can see the upper cable twisting so guessing it's the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              +1 plastic gears are cracked. Curless Auto made brass gears to replace them. Not sure if they have any in stock currently. I ordered the repair kit from them for my Expedition.
              Website doesn't show them nor able to contact them though it. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by lagalaxy8 View Post
                Thanks. I'll check the gears out.
                I watched it and the cable moves at that gear location, so guessing it's broken and holding it up. Thanks least i know now it can't be fixed. Least it seems to me in the lowest setting.

Comment

Originally posted by lagalaxy8 View Post
                  Website doesn't show them nor able to contact them though it. I'll keep looking.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Curless-Aut...1715342187651/
                  lots more ways to contact them on FB. They are pretty responsive.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    https://www.facebook.com/Curless-Aut...1715342187651/
                    lots more ways to contact them on FB. They are pretty responsive.
                    Thanks sent them a message!

Comment

Working...
                    X