Sve 3g Alternator Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sve 3g Alternator Kit

Anyone use one of these or have used an sve alternator?

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-17046K2/Mus...rade-87-93-50L

I have a 3g alternator sitting but I think I’d rather buy new than take my chance on a used one

I ran a junkyard 3G for many years before I had any trouble.

I've never used one of those kits. My usual thing to do is to yank the charge cable from the donor car (usually a donor Vulcan Taurus or Sable) and grab the mega fuse from it as well. A mega fuse holder and a short cable from the parts store makes for a clean setup. You could also just get all the charge cable from the parts store. The existing 2G regulator works with the 3G, you just need the stator connector to splice onto the D-shape connector when you cut the wire from the old charge plug.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Both of my LTCs have that kit. Very pleased. The battery cables were changed to very heavy duty cables. Lifetime warranty on that alternator I believe
      I did a brief write up and showed pictures of the completed job about a year ago.

Comment

The thing I like about it is the warranty. I’ve bought many things over the years from LMR and have had nothing but positive experiences. I still have the 3g in the garage and I have a 2 or 4 gauge cable in the parts bin too. I wanted to do it with junkyard parts but I think I’m going to go with the LMR setup for ease of installetion and the warranty.

Comment

I've used most of that via the other listings on LMR but they didn't have the alternator when I did my previous cars and just used junkyard alternators for the swap. Definitely an easier way to just get all the right parts in one go though. really nice that they have a bolt and nut for the top hole so you don't have to thread tap the top hole or source the nut and bolt from the hardware store.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I noticed the bolt and nut too and thought wow that’s convenient lol.

Comment

Working...
            X