87 CP transmission leak from radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 CP transmission leak from radiator

I need some guidance... the fitting to/from(?) the radiator for the transmission cooler(?) is leaking when running.
    I have tightened it a little, but has made little difference.
    I do not have the specific manual for the transmission, hence asking here.
    If this fitting is at fault, will replacing it fix the leak?
    What is the best way to replace it, without damaging the line?
    Finally, where can I find this accursed fitting? (Do not have a p/n or anything to go along with!).
    Thank you!!
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel (1890-1965)

Penelope - 1952 International L200
    Jean - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park GS
    Lucy - 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature

probably the quick connect fittings. They go bad all the time and leak. Need the tool to pop the line out of it and new fittings to install, not really a big deal.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...13058&jsn=440&

it uses any of the disconnect tools, mine is the plastic set that you can get at any auto parts store. These fittings should be available anywhere too, though unless you know exactly what they are called nobody is going to understand what you mean. Easier to just give them the part number.

I'd buy two of them even if you are only changing one. When the next one fails you'll have it on hand.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you gadget73. I have two of those fittings added to my RA cart, including YG337 and YH380.
      Stan Laurel (1890-1965)

Comment

I actually have a spare YH380 sitting in a box since my 93 originally uses that same part. I don't need it any more since I have rotary controls installed from the later panthers around the 2000 time period. Pretty easy swap too. More of an issue on boxes, due to the requirement of finding the F150 setup complete with cable if I remember correctly. rambling aside, If you haven't ordered already and want to try my old junk, I can ship this to you if you're in the states. I'm guessing from your nickname that you're not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ha ha Sly, actually I am stateside, near Port Orchard, WA.
          I have had this nickname since I first came over to the US in '06 - a name given by my American mates.
          As for the YH380... I shall send you a message momentarily!
          Stan Laurel (1890-1965)

Comment

Working...
          X