PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: CFI Fuel Pressure Regulator

Default CFI Fuel Pressure Regulator

Does the CFI FPR use a vacuum signal to work? There is no vacuum line on top of it like on a 87-93 Mustang.

I am wanting to install an adjustable regulator from a Mustang, it is a direct bolt in.

I don't know whether to:

a. leave the FPR uncapped (but maybe this will cause a vacuum leak)

b. cap the FPR (so the FPR will not read vacuum and maybe it will not work properly)

c. run a vacuum line from the FPR to a vacuum source (but the CFI unit's stock FPR doesn't have a vacuum line to it so maybe this is irrelevant?)

Anyways, this is my line of thinking.

I see about 38-40psi at the rails right now.

Maybe with an adjustable regulator I can raise that to 41-43 and possibly richen the air/fuel mixture . AFR gauge reads lean after 3000rpm at 1/2 throttle. Interestingly enough it evens out at WOT, but ideally would like to see stoich at all throttle positions.

Any comments welcome, yes I'm still trying to make this CFI aka toilet bowl injection move out of its way.
    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Motive 4.30 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own quite possibly the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.95@68.89mph
    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, ASP Crank Pulley, Jegs Built AOD, 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears

If it's adjustable, you shouldn't need to connect the vacuum. Slap it in, adjust by pressure reading and you're done. If you didn't have vacuum referenced fuel pressure before, why'd you need it now either? Unless you're REALLY upping the pressure.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"

The only thing is the Kirban regulator I got is from a Mustang and it has a vacuum port on it because the Mustangs use a vacuum reference. I didn't know if capping it off would inhibit the function. But yea the CFI regulator doesn't have a vacuum port on it originally, is why I was asking the above. And ok, since the CFI regulator is not vacuum referenced then I think I will be good to just throw it on, set the pressure, and cap off the vacuum port.
    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Motive 4.30 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own quite possibly the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.95@68.89mph
    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, ASP Crank Pulley, Jegs Built AOD, 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears

Is this a return-style system? Is it an aftermarket FPR?

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

its a return style, not very different than SEFI honestly. Similar regulator but it lives in the CFI unit itself.

Somewhere i could swear I saw that CFI regs have a plug on the top that can be removed in order to adjust them. Don't know if thats the case or not, I've never really fooled with CFI cars all that much.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Gotcha