PCV Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCV Valve

Does anybody make a PCV valve with a 45* or a 90* outlet? I know I need to purchase the molded hose or whatever is available for my MGM; just would be nice to use regular fuel hose or something in a pinch; without kinking it.

Doesn't that fitting come with the valve?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Yes, but it's a straight fitting. If I use a regular hose and bend it towards the throttle body; it kinks. If the PCV valve came with an angle, it would be much easier to deal with.

Comment

Strange as my OEM PCV came with both. That is why I asked.

Comment

I think Packman is asking for his '05 MGM, which looks quite a bit different than what I'm used to seeing on a Box/Aero/Early Whales.

Rockauto listing for '05:
          https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...cv)+valve,5052

vs Rockauto listing for '98 (same as Box and Aero):
          https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...cv)+valve,5052
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

When did Ford change the style for the PCV valve? The one for the '98 is the old style; like what you would find on the Windsor engines (pushrod variant).

Comment

Yea, I was referring to the Box part and/or '93 through '95. Not sure about anything newer than that.

Comment

It looks like the last year for the Box style PCV was 2002. 2003 and 2004 are similar to 2005, but 2005 has that electrical connector (some sort of sensor I would imagine.)
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I believe the connector is for the heater. Both my 09 P71s had heated pcv valves. Kind of strange being they were originally Florida cars. Maybe after 07 Ford made it standard on its fleet panthers.

Comment

My PCV has a 90
                    None of the RA pictures are showing the actual part.

Comment

The part comes with a twin port elbow. Pull the plastic off to use as single straight port, plug the skinny port to use as single large 90.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                        It looks like the last year for the Box style PCV was 2002. 2003 and 2004 are similar to 2005, but 2005 has that electrical connector (some sort of sensor I would imagine.)
                        They went to a heated pcv valve.

Packman, got some 1.4" copper pipe? Make your own 90ishº elbow.

Comment

I found my water pump-to-T-stat hose/fitting that I tried making up for the CV. I might try that for the '05 MGM pcv hose. I also found my rejected -12AN hose I was going to use for the heater core line on the CV. I may mess with that for the pcv line when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                          X