Vent window handle loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent window handle loose

How does the vent window handle come off? Mine is lose and I would like to tighten it.

Based on the general motors truck, there is a roll pin that retains the handle. Gotta drive that out some, then the handle will pull free in some position; make note of the position the handle comes off as you can install them out of "sync", also mark the outside stud position when the the handle is in the correct locked position, otherwise same thing, it won't lock in the correct spot.

When you pull the handle there is a spring and ball bearing (in the generals anyway) in the stud, get ready for them to fall/fly out. And there will be a wave and flat washer. Just note the order they are in. If you look down the center of the stud you'll see a screw head, tighten that up snug so the stud is oriented properly, don't over do it cause you'll crack the glass.

Comment

I have a similar issue. Trying to figure out how it comes off and how a new one goes on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Knock the tiny roll pin out. Pull handle off. Pull spring off (if it didn't stay inside the handle. Loosen the hex bolt and remove. Remove the wavey washer. Remove the plastic center support. Carriage nut style insert that shows on outside falls out.

You'll need a tiny punch to push the roll pin through. Pencil lead thickness.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Got mine all fixed up. Very simple. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X