Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box big brake swap parts (rotors, calipers, spindles, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box big brake swap parts (rotors, calipers, spindles, etc.)

I had accumulated most (all?) of the parts to make the big brake swap happen on my 1990. I sold it last October as a deal with the wife to get my 1985 F-150. I need to clear some shelf space and would like to offer up these parts to whomever needs them. I'm mostly just looking to have shipping covered plus a little extra.

Shipping may be prohibitive on some of this stuff, but I'm willing to do a quote for anyone who is interested. All parts are located in central Arkansas.

Raybestos coated rotors for 1998-2002. These currently go for about $42 each on Rock Auto.

Front calipers for 1998-2002. These are loaded with semi-metallic pads and come with the bolts to mount the caliper bracket. These go for about $75 each on Rock Auto.

Last edited by Giraffe; 05-17-2023, 04:01 PM.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

I wish I could take it all! If you still have the upper arms come pay-day, I’d be a buyer…possibly some other items too. I’ll send you a PM when I have cash to burn.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

I am interested in the rear parking brake cables and shoes. Would you happen to have the rear backing plates? Also interested in the front backing plates.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I am interested in the rear parking brake cables and shoes. Would you happen to have the rear backing plates? Also interested in the front backing plates.
        I don't have the rear backing plates, no. I never did get around to pulling those from a yard. I never could remember to bring all my tools.
        —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

I’ll take the upper control arms, lower ball-joints and brake hoses. PayPal okay?
          '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Shipping for all mentioned parts to 08108?

Comment

Shipping for all mentioned parts to 08108?
              PM sent.
              —John

Comment

Rear parking brake cables, shoes, front backing plates, upper control arms, brake hoses, and lower ball joints are sold and will be shipped out tomorrow.

Items left: 1998-2002 front rotors, calipers, and spindles.
                —John

Comment

Front rotors, calipers, and spindles are still available if anyone needs them. I forgot to mention that I also have a pair of brand new Timken front hubs.
                  —John

Comment

Spindles and Timken hubs have been sold.

The front rotors and calipers are still available.
                    —John

Comment

Working...
                    X