Exhausted manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhausted manifolds

Did the GMs ever come from the factory with Lincoln log manifolds? I have a 91 that appears to have them but the rest of the car is bone stock as far as I can tell

Never seen or heard of anything but 1990 Town Cars having those.

Very likely swapped if it does indeed have them. Wonder what other mods are hiding?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

My guess is a motor swap.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

also never heard of this, though I suppose its not completely impossible that they ran out of iron manifolds and switched to using stock of tubulars at some random point.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Another possibility, "Hi Joes Autowrecking?" "Its Joe over at Joes fixit gerage, you got a box panther with good exhaust manifolds?" "Yeah Joe, only one though, a 91 town car, the manifolds will swap" "Sounds good Joe, how quick can you get them out?"...

And thats how it would get done at the place I go if I show up and say hey, if it fits, and it was good enough for a town car, its good enough for me. Joes Autowrecking was a 6 minute drive from there. 1 minute if a river wasn't in the way and I'd probably head over to pull them.

Not every garage is of the mentality it has to be an exact fit and only a brand new part. The joys of going to a middle of farm country shop rather than a stuck up city shop that won't break out of by-the-book.

Comment

Working...
          X