Any boxes come with manual seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drhill View Post
    When you guys talk about lowering the seat all the way - is there something I can do manually other than just pressing the power knob down to get the seat closer to the floor? I'm a big guy (6'5" 290) and I need all the space I can get with a helmet on for the track. Really gotta keep the stock seats too!
    Can you modify the stock seats by using less foam and droopier springs? What about a Gurney bubble on the roof? Bolting the seats to non-adjustable brackets instead of tracks?

Comment

If you remove the adjustment rails altogether and make a flat bracket to bolt the seat down in your preferred location, you could make the car fit you alone and drop the seat about 3 inches.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

had a 86 vic wagon. with a manual full bench.
        had a 84 vic cop car with manual split bench, seat got broken by a large friend so replaced with power ds manual ps split bench.
        some crown vic police and fleet cars came with manual buckets. same seats used in some fox chassis cars.
        have seen a 91 grand marquis with manual split bench seats.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          If you remove the adjustment rails altogether and make a flat bracket to bolt the seat down in your preferred location, you could make the car fit you alone and drop the seat about 3 inches.
          This may be the route I have to go. If the manual track isn't worth it (sound like it's not), my next step is cutting the foam down in the seat - it is a leather seat car and the seats are plushy.

I got my wife into drag racing with this car and she's only 5'3" so I'd like to keep the power seat so she can still drive and race it. I've done the "race seat" route in the past and I hate 'em...hard to get in and out of and they look dumb in a sleeper street car.
          1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

I wish you had asked about this in March. I had an 86 parts car that I scrapped (after advertising parts here over the winter, and having it for five years) and it had manual seats.

Sorry I can't be of help.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X