Water pump heater hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pump heater hose

Got an 85 GM and was wondering about the part number for the heater hose coming off the water pump

If it's not the bypass hose from the thermostat to the pump, but the one that does that does go all the way back to the heater core, it's just bulk 3/4" heater hose.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 91merc View Post
      Got an 85 GM and was wondering about the part number for the heater hose coming off the water pump
      Check with ROCKAUTO. Even if you don't purchase from them, they are good for part numbers.
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Can't seem to find the right one, it's the one coming off the water pump to the egr T that has the odd bends

Comment

5.0 or 5.8L?

Comment

Water pump heater hose

I used Gates Firewall heater hose on my 85 CV. It’s thinner than the typical bulk heater hose and made the tight bend at the pump with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91merc View Post
              Can't seem to find the right one, it's the one coming off the water pump to the egr T that has the odd bends
              I know you said it’s an ‘85, but is it a early ‘86 built in late ‘85? Does it have CFI with the carburetor style air cleaner or proper sequential fuel injection with the intake that says 5.0 Liter?

I know the CFI car heater hoses are run differently from SEFI cars because SEFI has that heater pipe that runs under the intake.

My Cars:
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Yeah, it has the cfi

Comment

I’m only familiar with two lines coming off the water pump. One should be directly to the heater core and the other goes into a 90-degree elbow to the thermostat housing.

Got a picture possibly of the hose you’re looking for so we’re on the same page?

My Cars:

Comment

Can't seems to figure out how to do pictures on here

Comment

But it's the one that goes from the water pump to the heater core, and has a t in it that fed the egr cooler

Comment

Is the "T" part molded into the hose or is it made up of separate parts? Is is a 5.0L or 5.8L engine?

Comment

5.0, and it was a plastic t fitting with hose clamps, we deleted the egr and put a straight splice fitting in where it was

Comment

Any reason you can't use standard heater hose?

Comment

The outlet to the water pump is really close to the ac bracket and regular hose would probably kink

Comment

Working...
                              X