No announcement yet.

Water pump heater hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the mention above dealing with Gates Firewall hose would work? Not familiar with that product myself so I have no idea but something to look into.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by 91merc View Post
      The outlet to the water pump is really close to the ac bracket and regular hose would probably kink
      I’ve got regular hose on my car and it works fine. Just make sure the section you run is long enough you’re not pulling the hose taut.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

pretty sure I've seen people use just common bulk line.

To upload pics, click "go advance", and on that page there is an option to upload attachments.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I ended up using Gates 18741 and splicing straight hose the rest of the way to the heater core

Turned out nicely

Comment

Not bad - only like a $10 hose and whatever other general heater hose to make it work.
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

And now, after replacing the entire cooling system,the heater core is leaking

Comment

C'est la vie.

Leaky cooling systems suck, since usually wherever the final weak spot is, you will find it after you think you're done fixing the original problem. Flip side is though, if you're in a warm climate, you can keep the heater core looped out of the system in the interim until you're ready to tackle that job before it gets cold.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

happens, sometimes just the faint disturbance of changing the hose is enough to crack that last teeny bit of solder holding things together.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X