Quarter window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarter window

Anybody know how to replace the little quarter window on the rear door of an 85 MGM? mine was busted and duct taped by PO

The door glass and separator bar needs to come out, or drop down in the door. The 1/4 glass then comes out pretty easily with the weatherstrip intact just by pulling on it.

When I did mine, I drilled the rivets on the main window channel guide to get it to separate from the glass so it could be removed When reinstalling, I replaced the rivets with nuts and tightened them too tight, resulting in a broken window. I understand it's possible to get the window channel guide/window loose from the window channel without drilling.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

So the glass needs removed from the door, not just a roll the window all the way down thing to take the separator out?

Comment

You could just drop the window into the door but it needs to off the guides and channels so you can move it around.

The window channel up/down (the metal thing that separates the two windows and the bigger one slides down into) holds the quarter window in. If you can get that loose, you might be able to wiggle the quarter window out of there.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
        X